Thursday 17 April 2014

17th April 2014

When I went to my 1st AA meeting, it was from a place of despair.  Finally, I had been forced to look at my drinking and accept that this was not reasonable behaviour.  That my lack of consideration of the consequences and complete disregard for the lives of those around me was not what I wanted for my future.  I had no idea what I was letting myself in for and what would become of me, all I knew was that I couldn't carry on.  Because of AA I have found that I can become a better human being, that I can change from everything that I thought I was, that deep within me is somebody worth loving and capable of loving others.  I know this, because other people have shown me how, other people have shared their lives with me so that I can find mine.  Five years ago I had my last alcoholic drink and let the hands of AA take mine and lead me forward.  Today I have peace, serenity and hope in my life.  I have found that life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain.
I will be forever grateful to all of you who have been,and continue to be, part of my journey.  May God bless you and keep you safe, with all my love, xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment